Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Stella's Fish Cafe... an Uptown delight :-)

Summertime is approaching, and that usually brings about some serious seafood cravings in my world!  If you are a seafood fan, you should definitely try Stella's Fish Cafe, located in the Uptown area of Minneapolis  <http://www.stellasfishcafe.com/>.     

My desire to go here was born a few years ago when I spied their awesome rooftop seating, which is said to be one of the best rooftop dining experiences in the cities!  Unfortunately, rooftop seating depends upon nice weather, and with last night's rain, we had no choice but to be seated inside.  

Nevertheless, I am pleased to report that Stella's provided us with a 5-star dining experience.  The service was impeccable.  From the moment we were greeted by our female server, we knew we were in good hands.  She was remarkably friendly, knowledgeable, and had the most bubbly personality I have ever encountered in any restaurant in a very long time!

Now for the food... ohhhhh the food :-)  I can't help but smile as I recall the shockingly delicious, perfectly executed dishes we enjoyed...

Here is what we ordered:

Appetizers: 

Oysters Rockefeller with spinach, prosciutto, parmesan cheese & Creole hollandaise.  $12.95



This platter of 6 oysters on the half-shell was outstanding!  For someone who has never had oysters before, these were a perfect introduction to such a delicacy.  All of the ingredients seamlessly combine to create a wonderfully rich and creamy bite.  The actual oyster flavor was a bit lost among everything else, but the oysters were perfectly cooked and simply melted in my mouth.  Yum!

Sushi Roll: Rolls Royce $14.95


This picture was taken after more than half of the sushi roll had already been devoured by my companions.  It was a very unique roll filled with spicy tuna and topped with salmon and avocado.  Although I do not consider myself a sushi connoisseur, I thought the presentation was beautiful and the flavors fresh and vibrant!  This is definitely a dish for sharing.


Entrees:

Fresh Catch: Pan-seared Diver Scallops (Nantuckett) with grilled Asparagus  $26.95



These were by far the BEST scallops I have EVER had in my life... again, another melt-in-your-mouth piece of seafood!!!  The asparagus was perfectly crisp and flavorful.  The Lemon Basil Buerre Blanc sauce served on the side was good, but not necessary.  The diver scallops were so fresh and flavorful on their own that I it would have been a crime to douse them with any kind of sauce.  I would order this again in a heartbeat!


Chef's Plate: Scallop Special $29.95


I had the privilege of tasting my Fiance's meal, and this was yet another amazing seafood creation.  The scallops were, again, perfectly cooked and served on a bed of linguine with Morel Mushrooms and shaved Parmigiano Reggiano.  The light garlic butter sauce was the perfect compliment to the dish.  The mushrooms were incredibly rich and flavorful, and definitely the best I have ever tasted in my life!  Again, this is an A+ dish that I would highly recommend ordering if it ever appears on their menu again.  Magnificent!

____________________________________

I will undoubtedly be scouting out the perfect Summer day to return to Stella's Fish Cafe and dine alfresco.  If you live in the cities, I highly recommend dining at Stella's the next time you crave seafood.  A reservation is a must for a Friday or Saturday night, as this place is incredibly popular.  The atmosphere here is very lively and attracts a very diverse crowd of all ages.  Fun, friendly, and fabulously fresh fare... Stella's is an Uptown delight that is not to be missed :-)


Librarian turned Foodie



3 comments:

  1. I vote for the scallops/asparagus dish. Mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing... I hope to one day make scallops at home that are just as delicious :-)

      Delete
  2. yummmmah. funny you blogged about this because Mr. Speedy and I just had a date at a sushi joint. I had only had the raw fish delight one other time and omgee- I loved it. This stuff you got here looks delicious. But I think the platter below that one, with asparagus, would be my favorite. I'm a sucker for those green stalks.

    This place looks like a blast. I want to come visit you and eat here. We can bring our man folk too but we should totally scheme to get them to go potty at the same time, have the food arrive, eat their portions, and then... never confess. Okay, that is not the perfect plan, I'll figure out the details later.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete