Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Anniversary dinner @ home :-)

I have definitely been slacking when it comes to blog postings, but I assure you that I have been quite busy in the kitchen over the past few weeks testing some wonderful recipes... there are plenty more posts to come, so stay tuned!

In honor of our first wedding anniversary, Jeff and I wanted to cook a special meal at home.  We love cooking different cuts of meat, and decided to pay a visit to our favorite butcher shop - Clancy's Meats and Fish in the Linden Hills neighborhood of Minneapolis [http://www.clanceysmeats.com/].  This place has everything you could ever want... and we came home with freshly butchered, bone-in lamb shoulder chops, among other things (duck eggs for tomorrow's breakfast, and lamb sausage with blueberries and pine nuts!!!  :-)

To cook the lamb, I heated olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat.  Meanwhile, I rubbed the lamb (which was brought to room temp) with EVOO, and seasoned them with salt and pepper. 


I cooked the lamb for about 4 minutes on each side... you can play with this and decide how "done" you like your meat.  I probably would cook it a minute more if I had to do it again, but it was still delicious, nevertheless.  I made a mint yogurt sauce to serve alongside the lamb, which was outstanding... the recipe for this came from Chef Ina Garten and can be found on the Food Network website [http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/greek-lamb-with-yogurt-mint-sauce-recipe/index.html]


I paired the lamb alongside some roasted rosemary redskin potatoes (which were delicious!) and freshly steamed green beans.  We also opened up a delicious bottle of red wine - Bevan Cellars Sugarloaf Mountain Proprietary Red Wine... a 50% Merlot, 50% Cab Franc 2009 blend.  We tasted this producer's wine with the actual winemaker, Russel Bevan, while on our honeymoon in Napa Valley just one year ago.  That tasting was a turning point for me in my wine education... and now I am spoiled by the really, really good stuff ;-)

YUM! 
 
 
Salute to great food, delicious wine, wonderful memories, everlasting love, and everything good that is to come! 
 
Librarian turned Foodie
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment