Total Pageviews

Monday, January 7, 2013

Beat the Winter blues at Seasons 52!

If you are looking for a refreshingly light dining experience to match your 2013 goal to eat healthier, look no further than Seasons 52  http://www.seasons52.com/, which boasts locally-sourced fresh cuisine and a menu that morphs with the changing seasons!  Each entree is promised to be under 500 calories each, and the desserts are perfectly portioned into shot glasses to create the perfect sweet bite at the end of your meal.  This relatively small (34 locations) chain also boasts a notable wine list, offering over 50 award-winning wines-by-the-glass (need I say more?!).

My husband and I stumbled upon positive reviews of Seasons 52 while navigating our Urban Spoon app in search of a great place to eat in Schaumburg, IL.  Having just spent a week back home in Michigan indulging in rich holiday fare, we were thrilled to find a restaurant that supported healthy eating!

Seasons 52 had a rich and warm ambiance accompanied by the soothing sounds of a live pianist.  We were seated in their 'Napa Room'... which we loved for its more quiet/private feel.  When in Napa... drink wine :-)  So, we did just that!  I decided to try a Pinot Blanc, and my husband chose a Pinot Noir.

Despite touting itself as a wine bar, Seasons 52 made the major mistake of serving the red wine at room temperature. The fact that the restaurant was hovering near 80 degrees made my husband's glass of Pinot fall completely flat.  Thankfully, our server Justin knew wine and promptly placed the entire bottle of red on ice.

My [perfectly chilled] glass of Pinot Blanc - Selbach-Oster, Mosel ‘10/’11 - paired wonderfully with my Cedar Roasted Salmon entree (see below)!  It sparkled on the tongue and had beautiful stone fruit notes and citrus/oak aromas.  I would have loved to purchase an entire bottle of this magnificent wine!

Delicious, perfectly grilled salmon served with grilled roasted sweet rainbow carrots, fresh asparagus, and red bliss potatoes.  The juice from the grilled lemon was wonderful squeezed over the salmon.

Jeff ordered one of the dinner specials, Swordfish prepared in an Asian style.  This was hands-down the BEST Swordfish I have ever had in my life!!!

Aside from the wine snafu, I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys fresh, healthy cooking and a wide selection of wine at very reasonable prices.  The fact that the chef cooks using only olive oil made me feel like I was eating a meal from my own kitchen. 

The most shocking part of the evening was when we were gifted with a free boxed set of two Seasons 52 wine glasses, compliments of our waiter!  Now that's what I call good customer service :-)  

I have a feeling Seasons 52 will be a chain that lasts.  Healthy food, amazing service, romantic ambiance, and enough wine to please the most picky palate will keep me going back!


Librarian turned Foodie













No comments:

Post a Comment